FAQs Archives | Brite Advisors

Q. What is QNUPS?

QNUPS are an international pension scheme often used by high net worth individuals who have already reached their income tax relief limits on pension contributions in the UK. There are no restrictions on residence – you can live anywhere and have a QNUPS, however, the tax on the scheme will depend on your country of residence. Presently

Q. Can Brite Advisors help me with my current QROPS scheme?

HMRC produce a list of recognised schemes (see below), which is regularly reviewed and re-published. These schemes must continue to operate a strict list of benefit rules in order to maintain their recognised status. It is imperative that schemes being transferred to are on this list at the time of transfer, otherwise punitive tax charges

Q. What is ROPS and QROPS?

A ROPS (Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme) is probably the most well known of the overseas pension schemes. Also known as QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme) before HMRC dropped the ‘Qualifying’. Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have acknowledged the pension issues that exist for UK expats and have created options, such as ROPS specifically for them. This gives individuals access to

Q. What’s the best pension scheme for you?

Getting a pension review and a fresh valuation is the best way to understand what is the best pension scheme for you what it could be worth both now and in the future. We build a pension solution to suit you and are dedicated to helping you achieve your financial and retirement goals. We help you

Q. Need to find a lost UK Pension?

​Use this handy UK Government website link below to reconnect with your lost UK pension. Just add the required information including your National Insurance Number and you should be able to locate any forgotten UK pensions. https://www.findpensioncontacts.service.gov.uk To find out more about how we can help you, simply leave your details here and one of our advisors will

Q. What to do if I have transferred Pension already?

​If you have a UK pension fund or have already transferred to a SIPP or QROPS it may be worth getting a fresh valuation to understand what it could be worth both now and in the future. Remember, you can take complete control of your money with Brite Advisors.

Q. How can I get the best out of my UK Pension?

To get the best deal, an experienced advisor is recommended to deal with overseas schemes, as knowing the legislation in the country of residence of the client and the pension provider is essential. Brite Advisors are the leading Pension Advisors in UK and Overseas helping million of UK Expats to secure the best returns possible at

Q. Who can take out a ROPS scheme?

If you have worked in the UK, and contributed to a company or a private pension scheme, and are now no longer resident or are planning to leave the UK, you can apply for an overseas personal pension.

Q. Will I have a full control on my pension?

You may have accumulated a significant fund or have a company with a defined benefit scheme which is offering attractive multiples if you transfer out its scheme. This is an opportunity for you to realise that value with a pension transfer and take control of your wealth in one place. And once you’ve transferred your

Q. What is LTA (Life Time Allowance) ?

Pensions are subject to tax over a certain value – currently that allowance is £1m. However, when you transfer your pension overseas, future growth of your fund above the UK lifetime allowance will not be subject to the excess tax charge. This is often known as a ‘benefit crystallisation event’ or BCE and makes overseas pensions particularly